So why is the said school offering only diet sodas to these kids? Simple. Lower sugar consumption. Because too much sugar is bad for you.
Yeah, like I cannot offer waaay more facts about diet sodas and how THEY are bad for you. Nay, WORSE for you.
I can offer so many links to sites that support this. I am just going to throw a few of the biggest concerns of mine onto this post. I will also bring to light several factors that make diet sodas ironically worse than its sugar laden counterpart.
- Obesity-you think that diet sodas are going to help you lose weight? WRONG!! Diet sodas are actually going to increase your waist line. Why? Artificial sweeteners can disrupt the body’s natural ability to regulate calorie intake based on the sweetness of foods, suggested an animal study from Purdue University. That means people who consume diet foods might be more likely to overeat, because your body is being tricked into thinking it’s eating sugar, and you crave more.
- Rotting teeth-diet soda has a higher acidic level than that of regular soda. Wow. Yeah, so diet sodas are actually worse for your teeth.
How is that for irony? That’s right ,diet sodas are worse for you than regular sodas.
Why were diet sodas created again?
Here are some other parts of your body that diet soda can screw up:
- your kidneys-In a decade-plus study by Harvard Medical study of 3,000+ women, diet sodas researchers found that diet cola is associated with a two-fold increased risk for kidney decline.
- your metabolism-a 2008 study from University of Minnesota suggests that even just one diet soda a day is linked to a 34% higher risk of metabolic syndrome, the group of symptoms including belly fat and high cholesterol that puts you at risk for heart disease.
- your cells-Diet sodas contain preservatives(we don’t drink them fast enough?) that severely screw up your the mitochondria in your DNA. Also these same preservatives have been linked to hives, asthma and other allergic reactions and have been classified as an irritant to skin, eyes and mucous membranes in the UK.
- diabetic?-They can exacerbate diabetes if you have it. They make it more difficult to control sugar levels and aggravate diabetes-related conditions such as retinopathy, cataracts, neuropathy and gastroparesis.
- your mood-Emotional and mood disorders have been linked to aspartame, a main ingredient in diet sodas. High levels of aspartame cause changes in the serotonin levels which can lead to behavioral problems.
- your eyes-a component in aspartame can cause damage to the optic nerves and retina causing blurred vision or blindness.
- pregnant?-Aspartame is an excitotoxin or a substance that has the potential to damage or kill cells in the nervous system. In other words, if you are drinking diet soda while pregnant, this can cause irrepairable damage to your growing fetus.
Also, components that are part of aspartame (formaldehyde and methanol) can cause cause brain diseases such as Parkinson’s , Alzheimer’s and/or ALS. Also, there is now a link in consuming diet soda and developing brain tumors.
Finally, sodas-diet or not- have a coating on the inside of the cans called bisphenol A (BPA), which has been linked to everything from heart disease to obesity to reproductive problems.
I may be a paranoid person, but it seems like there are people out there who are trying to kill us off. Why else would they purposefully put these detrimental products in our foods and drinks and say this is what we should be eating or drinking?