Are you sick yet? Have you been sick? Are you sick right now?? With the cold temps we have been having, I think even the cold germs are staying in. But when the cold and flu germs rear their ugly unwanted faces again, these tips can help keep them from taking you over.
- Wash your hands. A lot. Use anti bacterial wipes and such. Keep the germs from having a way to pollute your temple. If and when you do sneeze and cough, don’t sneeze or cough into your hands. Try instead the crook of your arm.
- I like a good sauna. Plus one 1989 German study found that people who steamed twice a week got half as many colds as those who didn’t. Enough said.
- Drink. A lot. Water is the best thing to imbibe during the winter months to help keep healthy. Plus your body needs more liquids during the winter months anyway since the cold air sucks the moisture out of everything.
- Aerobic Exercise. Any exercise, really. These exercises help increase the body’s natural virus-killing cells.
- Eat healthy and concentrate on dark green, red, and yellow vegetables and fruits, yogurt and drink green tea You’ll get soluble fiber, Phytochemicals, Polyphenols and other good stuff to help build your immunities.
Obviously not smoking and drinking alcohol helps keep your body in better shape, but we all knew that anyways.
So eat healthy and use these methods to keep you out of the doctor’s office , missing work and taking high priced antibiotics . It’s that easy.