The underappreciated Radish
They have always intrigued me a bit. I didn’t like them as a kid, but as I grow older I find myself liking a lot of the veggies I didn’t like back then.
So, anyways, I looked them up.
This is what I found out about this cute little red member of the cruciferous vegetable family.
- They naturally cool your body and are very highly regarded in Eastern medicine for that same thing to help keep your body cool in the summer months.
- With their pungent flavor, radishes are good for clearing the sinuses and soothing sore throats, which means they are good for fighting colds.
- Radishes are great at cleansing the digestive system naturally as they help break down old food in your body.
- Radishes are very high in vitamin C and along with their natural cleansing effects make them excellent at warding away viral infections.
- This little red veggie is said to have awesome toxin purging effects to help break down toxins and free radicals that you don’t want in your body.
- They contain phytonutrients, fiber, vitamins and minerals that are cancer protecting.
- They can help bloating and indigestion with their calming system on the digestive system.
- They are very low in calories so they are a great way to add nutrients with a lot of other junk.
- They are also full of water and phosphorus and zinc along with the vitamin C to make them very nourishing for your body.
So all in all I would say you should get some radishes and eat them without hesitation. I am.
I got the info from this page here.
You are welcome.